This is a small and free program to ARP Ping your LAN and to send Wake on LAN datagrams to devices in your LAN. All found and active physical adresses, which will be discovered by ARP sweep pings will be stored in a list and saved to disk. You are able to search for certain hosts and also to send out Wake On LAN requests to stored devices. Devices can be grouped together so Wake-on-LAN requests can be send out to many hosts at once with ease. The software needs .NET 2.0 RTE installed.
- Sends ARP Requests / Performs ARP Sweep Pings
- Sends Wake On Lan Datagrams
- Stores MACs and IPs found online in local LAN
- Timer to scan network every 15 minutes for active systems by doing ARPrequests
- Can scan for active hosts even firewall blocks all TCP/UDP ports and ICMP
- Listens on RAW socket to collect semi-passively active hosts
- Software is "portable" and will run without installation
- Search function to show matching hosts only
- Interface on which the passive scan should be performed is selectable
- No WinPcap Driver needed, as active arping is performed once a broadcast arrived
- Wake up Groups of different Computers
- Multi select items from the WoL grid and do wake up operations on many devices
- Group hosts together so WoL datagrams can be sent to groups
- Works with Windows 8 Customer Preview
Some niggles for me over the interface and the way it does or reports the scan but otherwise exactly what I was looking for to remotely wake up or switch on a PC that acts as a server. Makes me want to dust off my coding skills to investigate further improvements to what is otherwise already a small but good and very handy program. With the latest 2.0.1 version I still can't easily scan for available MAC addresses. It seems to be pot luck whether it works or not. When it works though it's great and saves me lots of hassle.