Wings 3D is an advanced subdivision modeler that is both powerful and easy to use (inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware).
- Context sensitive interface
- Configurable interface and hotkeys
- Wide range of Selection and Mesh tools
- Exports to common 3d file formats like .obj
- UV mapper, Vertex Colors, Materials, and Lights
Overall, this is a fantastic program. However, I do have two gripes. The first is that all windows exist within one root window, and cannot be broken out. As a multi-monitor user, I find this frustrating, but I can guess it would be very difficult to change. The other is that user input is rather sparse; I would love to use my gamepad to pan/zoom/rotate the camera, but this is not supported, and there are not enough hot-keys for such for me to be able to use a translator program.