Version 3.0.25 of Windows Inspection Tool Set (WiTS)
has been released.
Home page - http://wits.magicsplat.com.
Project page - http://sourceforge.net/projects/windowstoolset.
Screen shot - http://sourceforge.net/p/windowstoolset/screenshot/screenshot.png
What is WiTS
Windows Inspection Tool Set slices a running Windows system
multiple ways, providing cross-linked, filtered views of
* View properties of processes, network connections,
users, services and more in customizable tables
* Navigate between objects via richly cross-linked views
* Filter displayed items with flexible user defined filters
* Focus on changing data with enhanced change display modes
* Customize displayed information and layouts to focus on
areas of interest.
* Track and monitor resources and system activity such as
process startup, network connections, logins and more with
optional recording to disk
* Filter and search for Windows events through an integrated view
of Windows event logs
* Quickly access functions via the taskbar and hotkeys
WiTS started out as a demo for TWAPI (http://twapi.sf.net)
but is now an independent project on sourceforge.
Desktop: Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista or Windows 7
Server: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and
Windows Server 2008 R2.
Changes since V2.1
WiTS has been revived after a long hiatus. Changes since 2.1
- support for Vista, Windows 7,
Windows Server 2008 and 2008R2 (including Server Core)
- 64-bit version (note the 32-bit version will refuse
installation on 64-bit version)
- integrated view of Windows event log
- support for IPv6 connections and interfaces
- loaded modules/DLLs
- User defined filters for views
- Enhanced display modes focusing on changing data
- Many user interface improvements for more flexible layouts
and streamlined access to functions
- Significantly smaller system load