Window Detective is a programmer's tool used to "spy" on an application's windows and allows you to view and even modify some of it's properties.
- View and edit properties of windows such as text/title, dimensions and styles
- View all windows in a tree hierarchy of parent/child windows
- 'Pick' windows to inspect using the mouse
- Advanced search which allows you to find windows that match specified criteria
- Listen for window messages sent to a window
To put it short, it does exactly as advertised. At the very least, it could be used to help end users copy and paste error messages into support emails and Google Translate. Its element picker makes it very easy to use. But at the same time, it has design problems. For example, double-clicking on an item does nothing. (It should be associated with View Properties window.) It uses MDI windows that are not maximized by default while it should use a tab page whose contents gets changed whenever an element is selected. In the features area, it needs native 64-bit implementation. Support is non-existent, but there is a good documentation page. I myself prefer help included with the product but in this case, I don't mind much.
Not allowed to submit at ticket for a problem? What kind of support is that?
Very clean code, and Good UI.
very good project