get a report of a list of physical disk numbers' disk geometries:
- sectors per track
- sector size
- total number of sectors
- disk size in SI units
- total number of bytes
runs on WINE if you fix the launcher string and use double quotes around the last string and replace all the backspash spaces with spaces. WINE in mint 10.x has a conversion bug.
- based on physical disk numbers listed in Windows' Computer Management, Disk Management
- IEC (the kind Microsoft uses) or SI units (disk industry) for disk size, includes number of bytes
- should work fine with large sectored drives (750GB 2.5" drives and above, others)
- uses console command-line utility in the background to do its work (compatible with WINE/DarWINE)
- disk numbers are space-separated
- disk numbers can be in 0x hexadecimal, octal, 0b binary, or plain old decimal
Be the first to post a review of Disk Geometry for Windows!