Winboard 4.5 32-bit is a free Windows accessible Chess program that works automatically with the JAWS or the free NVDA screen reader. It is for the blind, low sighted or those who can not use a mouse. It provides vocal announcements of position changes and other selectable board conditions. Blind players also use a separate "tactile chess board". Winboard 4.5 has full keyboard access to move pieces and run menu items. Partial sighted players use high contrast mode and adjust board, piece, most font sizes and colors. Available languages are English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Russian. Games may be viewed, modified or saved in standard PGN format. Two Chess engines supply play and grand master strength move analysis. Connect to the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS) and play humans. Modify verbosity in screen reader configurations and in the Winboard "Sound" dialog under the "General" menu. Find all documentation in the "doc" folder under the Winboard directory of the C drive.
- Uses the JAWS and the free NVDA screen readers automatically.
- Full keyboard access.
- Connect to the free FICS chess server for play with others.
- Installed are the Fairy-Max chess engine for regular and variant play or the super strong Fruit engine for play and move/game analysis.
- View, save and modify games and positions in standard chess PGN and FEN text file formats.
- Adjustable board size and color for the low sighted.
Be the first to post a review of Winboard 4.5 Accessible Chess Win 32 bit!