wimlib is a C library for creating, modifying, extracting, and mounting files in the Windows Imaging Format (WIM files). These files are normally created by using the "imagex.exe" or "Dism.exe" utilities on Windows, but wimlib is distributed with a free command-line frontend called "wimlib-imagex" for both UNIX-like systems and Windows.
To install wimlib and wimlib-imagex on Windows (XP or later), simply download and extract the ZIP file to have ready-to-use binaries. On UNIX-like systems, you must build from source, unless packages have already been prepared for your operating system. The primary tested UNIX-like platform is Linux.
wimlib-imagex may be used to create customized images of Windows PE, or to back up, install, or restore Windows operating systems.
On UNIX, wimlib has special support for capturing and applying WIMs directly to/from NTFS volumes using libntfs-3g, preserving Windows-specific and NTFS-specific data. On Windows, this data is supported natively.
- Support for both Linux and Windows
- Apply/extract an image from a WIM file to a directory
- Apply/extract an image from a WIM file directly to a NTFS volume
- Capture a directory tree as a WIM image in a new or existing WIM
- Capture a NTFS volume as a WIM image in a new or existing WIM
- Mount an image from a WIM file read-only or read-write (Linux only)
- Add or delete files from a WIM image without mounting it
- Extract individual files or directories without mounting it
- Delete an image from a WIM file
- Display information about a WIM file
- Change WIM image name, description, or bootable status
- Export image(s) from one WIM to an existing or new WIM
- Support for both compression formats used in WIMs (LZX and XPRESS)
- Split a WIM file into parts, or join a split WIM into a standalone WIM
- Directly apply, export, or mount an image from a split WIM
Allot faster and can compress smaller than imagex and/or dism, keep up the great work
it is a awlsom prodict to use
Reliable and runs smoothly
After a long time of searching for that, now I am happy with it! Great work Eric! Thank you!