WhoisUP monitors hosts via ICMP and shows the status in a web page. When a host is down, the script can send mail, syslog message, open a popup message or play a sound.
Moreover, the script monitors if the host exceed the latency threshold limit.
The script uses NMap to send ICMP packets and to save the host status into an XML file. Then, WhoisUP reads the XML and shows the report in a web page with AJAX features; in case of host failure the script can send alarms.
WhoisUP is useful to monitor hosts (PC, Server, NAS, Router, Switch and so on...) and to receive alerts when a host go down.
The WhoisUP v0.2 contains several improvements:
* Added the warning latency value
* Added the width index page (in pixel)
* Added the maintenance mode
* Added the compact view
* Added the check to verify if the core.php is running
* Fixed some bug
* Improved the core and the popup script
* Improved CSS files
Be the first to post a review of WhoisUP!