WhiteStarUML is a fork of StarUML providing modern continuation of the project using up-to-date development tools and libraries. Principal attention is kept on preserving full functionality of the original program.
- Refreshed user interface
- Fully functional handling of UNICODE strings
- Diagrams may be enhanced with images
- Java reverse engineering updated to version 1.5 (thanks to Frank Hernandez)
- Improved support for large projects - units may be loaded and unloaded on demand
- Initial 64 bit build is available
- Developed and tested on Windows 7 and 8
Not as stable nor as fast as its predecessor, StarUML. I've had WhiteStarUML crash on me several times while drawing some basic sequence diagrams. Startup time and UI responsiveness is also visibly worse compared to StarUML. Unless you need some new reverse engineering or code support from WhiteStarUML, I highly recommend going back to StarUML (or some other UML tool). PS: I meant StarUML 1.0, not the revived StarUML 2
After trying out a couple of UML drawing apps, this is the one I settle with and recommend to people. I also used the C++ code generation feature which I felt was pretty neat too. Great work!
Thanks for the fork
Nice to see a staruml fork.