The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures.
- Cross-platform: runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and others
- Single-player mode: campaigns and skirmish
- Multiplayer mode: networked and hotseat, cooperative and competitive
- Multilingual: over 50 available translations to choose from
- Extensible: user-made content from the add-ons server
I've been played since 2007. First view of this game was too good, I'm great fan of Fire Emblem Saga and BFW remind me to it. When I began to play It seem too hard, mechanichs, controls and that kind of stuff seem difficult, but with time I learn to play and now is one of my favourite games, It's funny, has much variety of campaigns, can be improve for its own community, has multiplayer and the best of all, it's free. Easily, can be a 5's stars game, but you need to consult a guide to start playing or you'll end up frustrated, very frustrated, and that's something that deducts points, unless you like the challenges ... Finally, It's a really really good work.