The WendzelNNTPd is a IPv6-ready NNTP usenet-server with the main goal to be as easy to use as possible. It is portable (Linux/*BSD/*nix), supports AUTHINFO authentication, contains ACL as well as role based ACL and supports invisible newsgroups. It currently supports MySQL and SQLite backends.
- Runs on Linux, OpenSolaris, BSD
- Supports IPv6 (not under Windows)
- Database Abstraction (supports SQLite3 and MySQL)
- Tiny (only about 7,500 Lines of Code)
- Written in C
- Supports NNTP Authentication (AUTHINFO USER/PASS)
- Supports advanced ACL and role based access control (RBAC)
- Automatically prevents double-postings
- Supports "invisible newsgroups"
- It is Open Source ;-)
- Perfect solution for enterprises (can help you save storage capacity!)
Be the first to post a review of WendzelNNTPd!