WeeWX is a free, open source, software program, written in Python, which interacts with your weather station to produce graphs, reports, and HTML pages. It can optionally publish to weather sites or web servers. It uses modern software concepts, making it simple, robust, and easy to extend. It runs on many different platforms, including routers and raspberry pi. It includes extensive documentation.
- Robust and hard-to-crash
- Designed with the enthusiast in mind
- Simple, easy to understand internal design that is easily extended
- Growing ecosystem of 3rd party extensions
- Internationalized language support
- Support for US and metric units
- Support for multiple skins
- Support for sqlite and MySQL
- Uploads to Weather Underground, CWOP, AWEKAS, WOW, and others
- Uploads to your website via FTP, SFTP, or rsync
- Extensive almanac information
- Support for over 30 types of hardware
- Runs well on the Raspberry Pi
- Integrates with Twitter, MQTT, Smart Energy Groups, EmonCMS, and others
I have installed it on Dell XPS-8700 running fedora 21 and find it very reliable, well documented, well supported thru it's forum and developers. I am now reporting to both wunderground and the Citizen Weather Observer Program of NWS. Adding the CWOP reports has allowed me to greatly improve the accuracy of my data collection. I owe that improvement to the weewx package.
Hi there from Quebec...im givin a try to weewx...its installed but have a little problem wit the last command line.It says:File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 278, in open raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self._port, msg)) serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/dev/ttyUSB0' ...in french,NO ttyUSB0 file found...ive check via Dolphin and its reaaly not there.I'm on Mint Qiana KDE...any idea how to solve this problem ? cheers For the rating,itys hard to tell...cant run it yet so ill tick good for all ;)
I've used another meteo software before and during a few years, but it becomes more and more difficult to get support and stability. Weewx provide for free and by passion a wonderful support and the soft is very opened and stable. I love it! Yves (Montreal, Canada)
Best Weather station web interface found.
I was looking for a weather program that I could run as a service on my MAC, after much frustrated looking someone suggest I look here. So glad I did, excellent support and incredibly flexible solution that exactly meets my needs. As an added bonus it has a simulator mode that lets me try out changes before committing them to my site.