The weewx weather system is written in Python and runs on Linux. It generates plots, HTML pages, and monthly and yearly summary reports, which can be uploaded to a web server.
Supported online services:
* The Weather Underground
* Davis Vantage series
* Oregon Scientific WMR100, WMR200, and WMR9x8 series
* Fine Offset WH10xx, WH20xx, and WH30xx series.
See the User's Guide under "Documentation" for more information on supported hardware.
- Robust and hard-to-crash
- Designed with the enthusiast in mind
- Internationalized language support
- Support for US and metric units
- Support for multiple skins
- Optional uploads to Weather Underground, CWOP and PWS
- Uploads to your website via FTP
- Extensive almanac information
- Simple, robust, easy to understand internal design that is easily extended
- Runs well on the Raspberry Pi
- Davis Vantage series
- Oregon Scientific WMR100
- Oregon Scientific WMR200
- Oregon Scientific WMR968
- Fine Offset weather stations
- LaCross 28xx stations (experimental)
- Other hardware also supported. See the User's Guide.
Followed the simple instructions to install on my Raspberri Pi and it was talking to my Davis Vantage Pro2 right away. Now data is uploading to Weather Underground. Very happy with the results.
Tried other weather software and although it was missing the driver for my Oregon Scientific, once I wrote the driver it has been working flawlessly. I also upload to Wunderground.
Nice work ! Great project.
Chose this since it has a Oregon connection. Using the new fineoffset ws2080 module. Installed it in Puppy LInux and Ubuntu. Needed to do a little extra to get it running in Puppy and had to copy the usb driver from google groups as I did not find it in the 2.1 update. But just awesome that i can take a inexpensive weather station and put it up on the web. Nice work!
This runs very well on a Raspberry Pi. Since it is written in Python and does not need to be compiled, it installs on the Debian Linux OS without any issues at all. The Raspberry Pi is computer has enough horse power to handle the software and the job of weather monitoring.