The weewx weather system is written in Python and runs on Linux, including the Raspberry Pi. It generates plots, HTML pages, and monthly and yearly summary reports, which can be uploaded to a web server. Thousands of users worldwide!
Supported online services:
* The Weather Underground
Support for over 30 types of hardware including, but not limited to:
* Davis Vantage series;
* Oregon Scientific WMR100, WMR200, WMR9x8, and other variants;
* Fine Offset WH10xx, WH20xx, and WH30xx series (including Ambient, Elecsa, Maplin, Tycon, Watson);
* LaCrosse WS-23XX and WS-28XX (including TFA);
* Hideki TE923 (including Cresta, Honeywell, and others);
See http://www.weewx.com/hardware.html for a complete list of supported stations and for pictures to help identify yours!
- Robust and hard-to-crash
- Designed with the enthusiast in mind
- Simple, easy to understand internal design that is easily extended (Python skills recommended)
- Growing ecosystem of 3rd party extensions
- Internationalized language support
- Support for US and metric units
- Support for multiple skins
- Optional uploads to Weather Underground, CWOP, AWEKAS and WOW
- Uploads to your website via FTP
- Extensive almanac information
- Runs well on the Raspberry Pi
- Davis Vantage series
- Oregon Scientific WMR100
- Oregon Scientific WMR200
- Oregon Scientific WMR968
- Fine Offset weather stations
- LaCross 28xx stations (experimental)
- Other hardware also supported. See the User's Guide.
Hi there from Quebec...im givin a try to weewx...its installed but have a little problem wit the last command line.It says:File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 278, in open raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self._port, msg)) serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/dev/ttyUSB0' ...in french,NO ttyUSB0 file found...ive check via Dolphin and its reaaly not there.I'm on Mint Qiana KDE...any idea how to solve this problem ? cheers For the rating,itys hard to tell...cant run it yet so ill tick good for all ;)
I've used another meteo software before and during a few years, but it becomes more and more difficult to get support and stability. Weewx provide for free and by passion a wonderful support and the soft is very opened and stable. I love it! Yves (Montreal, Canada)
Best Weather station web interface found.
I was looking for a weather program that I could run as a service on my MAC, after much frustrated looking someone suggest I look here. So glad I did, excellent support and incredibly flexible solution that exactly meets my needs. As an added bonus it has a simulator mode that lets me try out changes before committing them to my site.
Followed the simple instructions to install on my Raspberri Pi and it was talking to my Davis Vantage Pro2 right away. Now data is uploading to Weather Underground. Very happy with the results.