Weed Killer is a .NET solution to prune aged files from folders, working equally well on a single workstation, or multiple data centers. It has an MDI form to build / edit / test / execute configurations, a console worker for delegated removal , and a class for direct use in an application.
- Enhanced multi-layer wildcard support for folder-trees.
- Choice of regular expressions or traditional wildcards for file or folder patterns.
- Ability to specify not only inclusion, but exclusion patterns as well.
- Multiple configurations per file.
- Simple MDI GUI for editing and testing.
- Configuration extension registered as a file type for opening directly from Windows Explorer.
- Multiple configuration file editing, with copy/paste support.
- Server restrictions on a configuration file, to limit what systems may execute the file when automated.
- Automatic assignment/removal of delete permissions for an NT credential on a targeted root folder.
Written in C#
This has been implemented by our IT department to manage temp file growth across servers on the network, and has proven to be quite reliable.