This package implements a method to login and start sessions from any Java capable web browser as the only clientside requirement. Using the web browser the user can manage, use and (re-) connect his sessions with minimum effort.
Legal notice because of the included apache module: This product includes software developed by the Apache Group for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/)
- No additional software needed on the client (unlike NX or EOD or ...)
- One-click session start and reconnect
- Number of possible parallel sessions not limited
- PAM based authentication using the login service -> no config effort
- One-click session sharing invitation creation (HTML mail attachment) with one (double-)click session participation (on the mail attachment)
- 6 session types supported until now, selectable from menu
- Fullscreen mode available
- Copy / Paste to / from clientside host system
- https during authentication for security
- Sessions can be spread over several systems with a vanilla TCP balancer (reconnect is transparent as long as the home directory is common)
- All components are standard, already on board or publically available
- No initial configuration needed, works out of the box
- Weblogin service is independent from sessions: upgrading or uninstalling leaves existing sessions untouched
Be the first to post a review of weblogin!