A PHP Web Application that you can install on your own web server. It allows you to play chess with other users across the internet or sitting at the same screen. It only permits valid moves and can automatically detect check and checkmate status.
- Supports undo requests for those unfortunate mistakes
- View a replay of completed games
- Send and receive messages with other players
- Includes three themes your users can choose from or make your own
- Everything you need to setup a casual chess server
- Adheres to web standards - no client download or plugins needed to play
- Compatible with most firewall setups
- Play on modern devices like Android phones, iPhones and iPads
Good program with simple, but nice interface and functions. Playing with my family members now over the Internet. Positive: - GPL license - suits my needs - offers me possibility to learn programming chess game myself by analyzing code and documented mysql tables - no major bugs found so far. Cons: - project updates long ago (are improvements made?) - although version does what it needs to do, some less relevant parts not working correctly for example change of language. Due to minor shortcomings no 5 stars are given, but I'm really happy with this game.