As of 2013-03-10, this project may now be found at http://code.google.com/p/webcamstudio.
The development of the project has moved to Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/webcamstudio , so please use the above link for anything related to the project.
The former homepage of the project: http://ws4gl.org should be considered only as a reference to old project news, forums, info etc.
WebcamStudio helps you create a virtual webcam that can show:
- Your webcam that won't work with Flash site
- Your desktop with your webcam in overlay
- And many more
- Switch webcams on a single click
- Show an IRC channel in your video broadcast
- Broadcast your desktop for creation of nice HOWTO's
- Be creative and put animations and banners
- Display what song is currently played by Rhythmbox
- Co-host a remote friend, show his webcam inside your output (PicInPic)
- Connect to WeatherBug and display your current weather
- Apply some fancy effects on each source
- Have a green wall, then why not use the ChromaKey effect to do the same as the weather man on the news network
- Use all kinds of devices as webcamera like a MiniDV, your iPhone, etc....
This is a wonderful project. TNX!
Very helpful, fast and easy product!
Nice project! You did a great job. Thank you!
I have totally switched to linux and Webcamstudio has made my transition very enjoyable.
Nice and Easy to use. Good job!