WatchTower is a cloud server monitoring and management tool. This is actually a suite of tools that includes a dashboard and associated RESTful web services required for managing the servers and services. The dashboard uses PHP/MySQL (requires php5+), html, and css. It's all open source and very easy to work with and make changes. The client I'm using is included and is written in python. Currently tested with Python 2.4 and 2.6, but should work with any version. I'm not using anything special. My plans also include monitoring/managing of Windows servers through the same python client, but compiled into a working exe, but I will work on that when the Linux client is finished first.
- Web based server management, simple interface, users of all levels
- Python client utilized by crontab for scheduling
- Easy to use log file request form without server login!
- RESTful web services allow for easy scripting and adding on of features
- No OOP so PHP users of any level can understand, editted with text editor
- Python client a bit harder, but still easy to understand, view with text editor
Be the first to post a review of WatchTower!