Have the mascots of your favorite free software titles battle it out in the Wormux arena using dynamite, grenades, baseball bats, and bazookas. Exterminate your opponent in a 2-D environment with toon-style scenery. Each player controls the team of his choice (penguin, gnu, firefox, wilber, ...) and must destroy his adversary using more or less casual weapons. Although a minimum of strategy is required to vanquish, Wormux is pre-eminently a "convivial mass murder" game where, turn by turn, each member of each team attempts to produce a maximum of damage to his opponents.
- Numerous weapons are available: dynamite, RPG, baseball bat, teleportation, etc.
- Teams are styled after the mascots of various free software projects
- Several players can play together, typically each one using a team
- The game can be played online if every player uses the same version of the game
- You can play in private mode by providing your opponents your address and port, or public mode, in which an index server publishes your game
Be the first to post a review of WarMUX!