Project is dead.
I'm trying to remake Wacky Wheels in Java using LWJGL. I'm not planning any 3D objects (except walls and static map objects), all entities are sprites with original textures + some modified or added.
Expected features for v0.5:
- Race single maps and campaigns like in original game
- Play deathmatch maps
- Split screen for all maps
- AI opponennts for all maps
- No network multiplayer
- Maybe sounds
- Possibility to write mods
Expected features for v1.0:
- Map made of polygons not cells
- Bridges, maybe 3D surface
- More maps and items
- 3D karts and more 3D world models
- Story mode with tuning
- Ideally something like NFS Underground 2 (not graphically)
- Map editor
- Game - you can drive in a map, no AI, sounds, multiplayer or HUD
- Hovercraft-like physics
- Weapons will rotate or kill, but you don't see ammo count
- Unfinished user unfriendly map editor, can load original map, edit objects, save walls
- Tiles editor - mostly finished
Be the first to post a review of Wacky Wheels Remake [DEAD]!