Computes and visualizes protein graphs for protein structure analysis.
The Visualization of Protein-Ligand Graphs (VPLG) software package computes and visualizes protein graphs. It works on the super-secondary structure level and uses the atom coordinates from PDB files and the SSE assignments of the DSSP algorithm.
- Reads 3-dimensional atom data from PDB files and secondary structure assignments from DSSP files
- Computes a protein-ligand graph from the data and visualizes the graph
- Supports output of the graph images in bitmap (.png) and vector (.svg) formats
- Exports protein-ligand graphs in a plain text file in its own format (.plg) that is easy to edit, parse and generate with a computer program as well as in a number of standard graph file formats
- Can read and directly visualize protein graphs from .plg-files
- Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Database support (completely optional, no database server required by default)
- Command line interface allows for easy batch processing via shell scripts
- Allows filtering of ligands by atom number
- New GUI written in Java, no need to type console commands anymore!
Be the first to post a review of Visualization of Protein-Ligand Graphs!