VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio specification. It is intended as a replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.
- automatic recognition of all HDA codecs
- test jacks for autoswitch
- control panel for fine tuning
- sound treatment includes stereo enhancements
- since v2.8 it works with two sound cards
It works great except that it doesn't trace the path maps correctly for all of my nodes. Is there a way I can change what nodes it chooses in the trace sequence?
Works great with ALC269VB, but after some restarts the audio indicator becomes grey.. Whenever it happens, I fix it by rebooting..
Thanks for Voodoohda, it's excellent!
Based on the other reviews so far, I guess the code works. But as far as the code goes, it is a hack, not very readable or documented well.
Great Audio Driver