The Virtual Resource Browser or VBrowser is intended as single front-end to the Grid. This is the main front-end from the VL-e Toolkit (VLET) and most (VLET) users will only use this Graphical User Interface to access their Grid resources.
It is an easy to use explorer-like browser for the Grid and it supports core grid file systems like Grid-FTP, SSH-FTP, SRM and LFC out of the box and presents them to the user in an easy to use tree like structure. This logical structure can be customized by the the user by creating virtual folders and links to remote (grid) resources grouping relevant grid files and other resources together into a single (virtual) browsable environment.
Since it is written in Java no additional (grid) software is needed and it can be easy downloaded and deployed on any modern computer or laptop supporting Java 1.6.
The VL-e Toolkit was started as part of the VL-e project which lasted from 2005 to 2009.
Development of this toolkit has ended in 2011.
- Explorer like browser front-end for the GRID
- Browse GridFTP,SRM, LFC, SSH file systems.
- Overview of VO resources in "Grid Neighbourhood"
- Dialog for Grid proxy creation with support for VOMS enabled proxies
- Easy "drag and drop" copying of resources between different file systems
- LFC Replica editor plugin for replica management
- View images, html pages and text directly from remote (GRID) filesystems
Be the first to post a review of vlet!