Koha: Live DVD Help File
Koha Version- 3.10.9 (KohaLiveDVD.iso) and 3.16.2 (easykoha.iso) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Open web browser to run Koha, it will automatically open koha OPAC and Staff client.
OPAC - http://127.0.0.1
Staff Client - http://127.0.0.1:8080
System/Ubuntu Login Information
Username : koha
Password : koha123
Staff Client Login
Username : koha
Password : india
Root Password- mysqlkoha
Database Name- koha_library
Database Backup and auto email
- Hourly backup will be deposited directly in your PENDRIVE just you need to insert your pen drive and rename/name it KOHA (Capita letter). So you need not to take manually backup files.
- Hourly backup will also automatically deposit in the folder- /home/koha/koha-backup.
- Each day backup will be deposited in /var/spool/koha/library folder also and it stores two days backup by eliminating older ones automatically.
- Autoemail feature has been activated in the livedvd you need to be conected with internet.
Copy koha_library.sql.gz database backup to /home/koha folder and extract the file in the same folder (file name would be koha_library.sql)
Open Terminal and apply the following commands:
Enter Koha login Password
mysql -uroot -p koha_library < koha_library.sql
Enter the MySQL root password "mysqlkoha"
Run following command in a terminal:
sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f library
Execute following commands in a terminal.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Customization of Koha Home page
If you want another OPAC page look and feel then restore the "cssrkoha_library.sql" theme which can be done by the Database restoraton process it also contain feature of indic language searching like hindi, odiya etc.
The home page of Koha has been highly customized in such a way that one can use Koha as their library OPAC cum Website with little efforts.
The code of all koha home page effects given in koha-administration-Global system preference under the options:
Opaccredits, opacheader, OpacMainUserBlock, OpacNav, opacusercssr and OpacNavBottom
Therefore if you need to display contents and links as per your requirement than you have to modify just the links and contents of the code or Completely remove all the codes to get the koha default home page view
1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/kohalivecd-lite/files/ (accessed on 22/01/13)
2. http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages (accessed on 22/01/13)
3. http://kohageek.pbworks.com/w/page/28248118/FrontPage (accessed on 22/01/13)
4. http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Encoding_and_Character_Sets_in_Koha (accessed on 22/01/13)
5. http://freshtutorial.com/basic-ubuntu-command-tutorial-for-beginners/ (accessed on 22/01/13)
6. http://vimalkumar.org/node/16 (Accessed on 22/01/13)
7. http://koha-community.org/ (accessed on 22/01/13)
Please feel free to share your views/comments on this live DVD at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website : https://www.facebook.com/mishravk79