Virtual Driver for Windows (XP and later) Emulates Joystick/Gamepad
This project was originally designed to provide an open-source replacement for PPJoy. The product, at this point, consists of virtual joystick devices that is seen by the system as a standard joystick but its position-data is written to it by a feeder application. An existing feeder application that takes advantage of this product is SmartPropoPlus. If you are an application writer you can very easily write an application that controls a joystick (e.g. mouse-to-joystick, keyboard-to-joystick). If you are a beginner in device drivers you can take this code and enhance it to support more (or less) axes, buttons or POVs.
- Virtual Device and device driver
- PPJoy replacement
- Configurable: Up to 8 axes, up to 32 buttons and optional 4 POV Hat Switch
- Package include: Unified x86+x64 installer
- Download-able: Full sources, SDK (C/C++ C#), Demo feeder applications, documentation
- Typical audience: Application writers that want to emulate joystick behaviour
- Under development: Force Feedback (FFB) capabilities - co-operation sought
vjoystick, easy to use
My child likes it! Thank you!
Very good project
OS: Windows 7 x64 I think it's off to a very good start. I'm glad that someone is producing a virtual joystick driver to fill in for PPJoy as PPJoy has become rather long in the tooth, and its development has stagnated. For the time being, its compatibility with PPJoy is limited to translation of joystick axes only, but I imagine that this is a very temporary situation since Shaul -- vJoy's developer seems quite active.