VirtuaWin is an application for the Windows user community that misses the wonderful multiple desktop functionality often used on Unix systems. It is simple, reliable and highly configurable, supporting up to 20 virtual desktops.
- Multiple virtual desktops for windows
- Supports dual monitor, unicode & 64 bit on Win9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
- Portable app version - no installation required
- Navigate using mouse, hotkeys, menus or visual pagers
- Customizable system tray icons & several visual pagers
- Module interface for limitless extensibility
- Very active support forum
- Over a million downloads
Works very well in Windows 8.1 (not using Metro interface) - well done!
As others have said, VirtuaWin works very well. The only problem is that the vwKvasdoPager is not updated to be in sync with VirtuaWin, but there are patches available.
It's great, but it can cause major freezing or takes a ton of the computer up. My fans are spinning they never do. Some programs cannot be open and keeps freezing, but the taskbar has modifications and its working with it. Different desktop, different programs open. This is working great.
I was concerned when reading a few of the comments regarding Windows 8 (8.1) and seeing the code hadn't been touched in in over a year... But it is working excellently! Great job. +1
This program provides the functionality that the gnome environment provides by default. I love the flexibility that it provides. It is great to have the same mobility but on a different platform.