VirtuaWin is an application for the Windows user community that misses the wonderful multiple desktop functionality often used on Unix systems. It is simple, reliable and highly configurable, supporting up to 20 virtual desktops.
- Multiple virtual desktops for windows
- Supports dual monitor, unicode & 64 bit on Win9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
- Portable app version - no installation required
- Navigate using mouse, hotkeys, menus or visual pagers
- Customizable system tray icons & several visual pagers
- Module interface for limitless extensibility
- Very active support forum
- Over a million downloads
This has been always godsend for me any time I've been doing long projects on Windows, especially when working on the confined screenspace of my laptop. However since the release of Windows 10 (which has virtual desktops built-in) I have been wondering about the future of VW. Although I like the Win 10 virtual desktops, they lack a couple of features that I liked from VW, such as the customizable keyboard shortcuts and quick jumping to specific desktops via keys. I think it would be great if VW could integrate with Win 10's built-in virtual desktops so that we can get the best of both worlds.
Makes Windows usable and it's free software, what could you want more?
Fits nice for me. Works similar to GNOME desktop switcher
So may time using it, still best option out there: simple, fast and full featured. Hotkeys is one of the most importan parts for me
Works very well in Windows 8.1 (not using Metro interface) - well done!