VirtuaWin is an application for the Windows user community that misses the wonderful multiple desktop functionality often used on Unix systems. It is simple, reliable and highly configurable, supporting up to 20 virtual desktops.
- Multiple virtual desktops for windows
- Supports dual monitor, unicode & 64 bit on Win9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
- Portable app version - no installation required
- Navigate using mouse, hotkeys, menus or visual pagers
- Customizable system tray icons & several visual pagers
- Module interface for limitless extensibility
- Very active support forum
- Over a million downloads
Makes Windows usable and it's free software, what could you want more?
Fits nice for me. Works similar to GNOME desktop switcher
So may time using it, still best option out there: simple, fast and full featured. Hotkeys is one of the most importan parts for me
Works very well in Windows 8.1 (not using Metro interface) - well done!
As others have said, VirtuaWin works very well. The only problem is that the vwKvasdoPager is not updated to be in sync with VirtuaWin, but there are patches available.