virtualcontrol is a configuration and monitoring tool for QEMU/KVM instances on a linux box. virtualcontrol primarily uses the KVM command line tools to do its job. Apart from trivial functions like starting and stopping virtual machines, virtualcontrol also allows freezing/thawing virtual machines (snapshot including memory dump), KVM machine migration and advanced storage functions like HA and dedicated storage solutions (OpenSANd).
- Controls KVM virtual machines
- Written entirely in Perl, uses command line tools shipped with KVM
- Allows easy configuration of large IP networks connecting virtual machines
- Automatic restart of virtual machines, based on time of day or shutdown event
- Uses NBD in order to connect to OpenSANd, an open storage area network solution
- Integrated NBD proxy solution provides I/O statistics for each disk and allows to transparently survive temporary SAN disconnects
- HA available through VM migration and transparent SAN disk mirroring
Be the first to post a review of virtualcontrol!