Viking 1.6.1 released 2015-11-24
= What is it? =
Viking is a free/open source program to manage GPS data.
You can import and plot tracks, routes and waypoints, geotag images, show OSM maps under it, create maps, make new tracks, routes and waypoints, hide different things, etc.
You can visit the project web site: http://viking.sourceforge.net/
= What's New? =
== Fixes since 1.6 ==
* Several fixes and many code improvements from Coverity scans
* Fix heap-buffer-overflows
* Mapnik3 support.
** C++ standard required is now C++11
* Reactivate building of the reference documentation
* SF Bugs#126: Fix crash in gdk_rgb_convert_0888 due to using deallocated memory.
* SF Bugs#121: Fix crash when invalidating previously acquired tiles.
* SF Bugs#123: Fix bzip2 decompression on Windows.
* SF Bugs#122: Fix memory cache confusion with multiple "On Disk OSM Tile Format" maps
* SF Bugs#120: Fix Track drawing bug across the 180th Meridian.
* Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1210403: Only download and process one Bing attribution list.
* Fix Geocaches acquiring with latest geo-* software
* Import latest Launchpad translation updates
* Many other small fixes - see the ChangeLog for the full details.