VIGOR is a tool for annotating coding genes in viral genomes. It was developed by Jeffrey Hoover and Shiliang Wang for The JCVI Genomic Sequencing Center for Infectious Diseases (GSCID).
- understands RNA editing, ribosomal slippage, stop codon read-thru & alternate start codons
- annotates mature peptides on polyproteins
- handles spliced, overlapping, and embedded genes
- handles circular, partial, and draft (gapped) genomes
- diagnoses frameshifts in assembly
- includes reference datasets for more than 50 species
- includes tools for creating new reference datasets
Be the first to post a review of VIGOR3!