New minor version delivers primarily various small improvements of different
kinds. There is also improvement of navigation via named bookmarks (or tags),
which can ease keeping track of what is where, and an ability to apply
settings to specific directories or sub-trees (via combination of autocommands
and local options).
Thanks to everyone who was reporting issues during beta period.
- Added local options, which work until directory change.
- Added named bookmarks (paths are associated with tags).
- Added autocommands (with DirEnter event).
- Added ability to sort by regexp-extracted part of file name.
- Added builtin directory preview (similar to `tree`).
- Added a way to communicate menu contents to Vim quickfix.
- Added "more" mode that is used to handle status bar content that doesn't fit on the screen.
- IPC got new (safe) implementation with listing/targeting of active instances, it's enabled by default again.
- Updating local view settings from vifmrc now affects both panes (:windo is not necessary).
- More predictive cursor updates on directory reload.
- Improvements related to expression and command parsing.
See change log for the full list of changes and by whom they were suggested.
More details at http://vifm.info/