Vifm is a ncurses based file manager with vi like keybindings, which also borrows some useful ideas from mutt. If you use vi, vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- utf8 support
- user mappings (almost like in vi)
- ranges in command-line commands
- user defined commands (with ranges)
- operation undoing/redoing
- fuse file systems support
- multiple files renaming
- support of filename modifiers
- colorschemes support
- file name color according to file type
- path specific colorscheme customization
- operation backgrounding
- customizable file viewers
- handy less-like preview mode with support of colors
- [interactive] filtering out and searching for files using regular expressions
- one or two panes view
- shell-like command line editing
- multicolumn view
- ls-like view
- customizable file name prefixes and suffixes
- built-in integration with GNU screen and tmux
- external editing of command line
Easy to use, low on resources and with excellent manual.
Delightful for vim users! Easy to use, light, just what you need for easy and fast browsing of files. Great replacement for GNU Midnight Commander.
Same as many other: exactly what I was dreaming of. Now I will drift further and further away from normal people into vi-land ;)
Fast and simple.