Vifm is a ncurses file manager with vi like key bindings.
Vifm is a ncurses based file manager with vi like keybindings, which also borrows some useful ideas from mutt. If you use vi, vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- utf8 support
- user mappings (almost like in vi)
- ranges in command-line commands
- user defined commands (with ranges)
- operation undoing/redoing
- fuse file systems support
- multiple files renaming
- support of filename modifiers
- colorschemes support
- file name color according to file type
- path specific colorscheme customization
- operation backgrounding
- customizable file viewers
- handy less-like preview mode with support of colors
- filtering out and searching for files using regular expressions
- one or two panes view
- shell-like command line editing
- multicolumn view
- ls-like view
- customizable file name prefixes and suffixes
vifm is exactly what I've been looking for. A file manager that can be controlled with hjkl, dd, yy and p for cut/copy and paste and even marks for bookmarking files - I love it! It even respects quantifiers before commands. In the vifmrc configuration file you can set up own colon-commands and define simple rules what file types (based on extensions) should be opened with which program. vifm features a trash which is enabled by default, but can be disabled easily by editing the very clean and neat configuration file. Very handy, I used to use pcmanfm exclusively but quickly dismissed it after falling in love with the vim editor and in turn vifm. Thumbs up!
vifm works perfectly, thanks
Great stuff!! exactly what I was looking for! Please please keep on maintaining :)
no trouble to install and run, works nicely.
Vifm is a best filemanager for those people who like vim or programming in vim or smth else. It has great functionality and the same keymapping. Try to dowload it.