vfTasks is a C library to ease the implementation of concurrent tasks: thread pool to efficiently create and reuse tasks, highly efficient inter-task synchronization, and streaming interfaces to stream data from one task to another.
- Quickly partition C-code into parallel, communicating tasks
- Create worker threads from a thread pool
- Efficient synchronization between concurrent tasks that work on large 2D arrays (images)
- Intuitive API to exchange data between concurrent tasks using buffered streaming channels
- Separate synchronization from data access allows e.g. random video line access
- Works with Vector Fabrics (http://vectorfabrics.com) products to quickly parallelize sequential C code
- Optimized for performance and footprint
Be the first to post a review of vfTasks parallelization library!