Since Sourceforge sometimes points users to an older release - our current stable version is "4.1 Ginger" --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vboxvmservice/files/vboxvmservice/Versions%204.x/VBoxVmService-4.1-Ginger.exe/download
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The open source virtualization software VirtualBox was lacking an option to run virtual machines as a Windows NT/XP/2003/W7/W8x service entity. VBoxVmService does the trick!
- Supports XP, 2003, VISTA, Win7, 2008, Win8
- Rewritten almost from scratch.
- Documentation was reworked.
- Config file VBoxVmService.ini was slimmed by several parameters.
- New interaction model with VmServiceControl!
- No more Batch files, no more lock files, no more tmp files.
- No more hardlinking during installation.
There are no 2 star reviews.