Since Sourceforge sometimes points users to an older release - our current stable version is "4.1 Ginger" --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vboxvmservice/files/vboxvmservice/Versions%204.x/VBoxVmService-4.1-Ginger.exe/download
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The open source virtualization software VirtualBox was lacking an option to run virtual machines as a Windows NT/XP/2003/W7/W8x service entity. VBoxVmService does the trick!
- Supports XP, 2003, VISTA, Win7, 2008, Win8
- Rewritten almost from scratch.
- Documentation was reworked.
- Config file VBoxVmService.ini was slimmed by several parameters.
- New interaction model with VmServiceControl!
- No more Batch files, no more lock files, no more tmp files.
- No more hardlinking during installation.
These guys do a great job with this. I've downloaded it a few times (as I need it) and it works great.
This "just works" for me. I was very frustrated trying to get auto startup and shutdown to work "The Microsoft Way" via group policy...Then I found this and my problem was solved. Thanks! [Windows Server 2012]
very good project, thanks!
fast download and works, recommended.
Take your VirtualBox VMs to the next level with this great tool. Easy to set up and works exactly as described. This tool adds a vital component to any good virtualisation solution - the ability to run the VM as a proper Windows service, including graceful shutdowns. Handles tricky operating systems like Windows Server 2008 R2 too.