Universe is an old VAX console game, rescued from DECUS archives from the 1980's, converted to C and able to be run under Linux. It is vaguely similar to the old STTR1 and TREK73 games of that era.
- Plays in xterm, KDE/Konsole, Cygwin or other ANSI terminals
- Turn-based play
- Each Uni session uniquely generated for endless variety
- Rich in strategy and tactics
- Player scores accumulated between sessions
- Starships can be upgraded with discovered ancient technology
- 6 different enemies, each with varied characteristics
- Planets, freighters, black holes and other space phenomena
Be the first to post a review of VAX Universe!