Vacation 188.8.131.52 is a bug fix only release which now complies with RFC-3834
"Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail". A big shout
of thanks to Dr. Tilman Bubeck, the Fedora packager, for bug fixes and a
German translation of the manual page.
- a fix from Dr. Tilmann Bubeck to stop Vacation from munging the GECOS
information of users and instead pass it quoted to the MTA for it to
deal with (fixes Fedora bug #553505 and SourceForge issue #2928189).
- Vacation now adds the Auto-Submitted: header as per RFC3834 (fix from
Dr. Tilman Bubeck).
- Vacation now abides by the RFC 3834 header "Auto-Submitted:" (fixes
SourceForge issue #3062665).
- Fixes up some Coverity grumbles (a redundant fopen() and others).
- Compiles cleanly with GCC 4.6.2.
- Now includes a vacation.spec file contributed by Magnus Stenman.
- The old HTML version of the manual page was out-of-date and so it has
been removed (along with html2man) leaving the nroff version the master.
- Added German translation of the nroff manual page (Dr. Tilmann Bubeck).
Note that the English man page has been renamed to vacation-en.man and
vacation.man is a symlink to it, so German speakers can just change that
symlink before installing to pick up the German translation.
- Clean up of some old directories in the source code that have been made
obsolete by source code control (they contained old, applied, patches).
You can be involved in the development of Vacation by subscribing to
the vacation-announce and vacation-list mailing lists  and/or
logging bugs and feature requests on the SourceForge tracker .
1 - https://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=3852
2 - https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=3852