- No ORM: only meta-programming and code generation.
- No exotic databases: only RDBMS.
- Old school SQL at design-time. Some helpers to generate SQL but no attempts to replace SQL with something.
- Using of "database first" rather than "object model first".
- Strong typing of generated code: the types are compatible with DB-schema.
- 3 tables or 30: no problem.
- The simplest design patterns: DTO, DAO.
- Multiple target languages: Java, C++, Objective-C, C#
- Applicable for many types of applications: GWT, JSF, Android, iOS, .NET, ATL, etc.
- Free and Open Source.
1) DAL MPE plug-ins for Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, AppCode, and Android Studio. Declare DTO and DAO classes in XML meta-program. Translate XML meta-program to Java, C++, or Objective-C code using the code generator.
2) A fork of SQLite JDBC Driver by Zentus/Xerial with metadata improvements.
3) Solution for .NET and C#. You generate DTO and DAO-like classes using T4 and XSD of typed DataSet.
Be the first to post a review of utils4dal!