Ursine Core is/was a simple RPG-type game development library/toolkit for the Atari Video Computer System (VCS) model 2600. (That's the 1977 Atari game console.) This library is intended to be portable to other MOS-65xx-based computers (6507, 6502, 6510, 2A03, 8502), and introducing support for other systems is ongoing (Commodore VIC-20, 64, 16/+4, 128; Apple ][; Nintendo Entertainment System)
Ursine Core is a developer's suite hosted on a POSIX-like workstation.
The Ursine Core provides:
* converters for PNG graphics into tile, font, and sprite artwork for the various platforms
* converters for MIDI and (soon) waveform audio into sound effects or music
* string conversions and font support
* tile-based "walk about" map mode ("overhead view")
* "storybook" screens with bitmap graphics
* simple text-driven menus
* a custom language for writing scripts, that compiles into efficient machine code
Note that this project is GPL, but games produced by it need no
Be the first to post a review of Ursine Core / Ursa Compiler!