Efficient Client-Server Backup system for Linux and Windows. A client for Windows lets you backup open files and complete partition images. Backups are stored to disks in a efficient way (deduplication) on either Windows or Linux servers.
- Incremental file and image backups
- Fast to setup and get running; easy configuration on clients and server via web interface
- Image backups only include used disk blocks
- Allows image and file backups while the system is in use
- File-level deduplicaton on the server side
- Linux based restore cd for restoring image backups
- E-Mail reporting
- Browse backups, view logs and current activities and analyse client storage usage and history in a easy to use web interface
Perfect open source project! 10x!
cool project! makes an image of your computer and very easy to restore. installs perfectly on my windows 7 backup "server".
simple and straight forward to use
great project that rivals many commercial tools in terms of simplicity and functionality. From imaging of OS drives while in use to files/folders - URBACKUP takes care of all my computer's backup needs from now on. Once set up you can forget about backing up as it's happening automatically (deleting backups when no more space left...) The one and only feature I'm missing at the moment is restore of the server itself. The restore has to be done over LAN as well - the bootable iso connects to the server, a local option for restoring images would be nice. But other than that MINOR flaw - Thumbs up for this great backup solution!
Easy to use and works.
I am using the version 1.0RC on Ubuntu - great software! Installation and configuration are very simple. the PST files are consistent after backup!!! : )