Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is a complete solution to provide standard IT services (e.g. domain management, file services for MS Win clients) on the cloud or on-site and integrate them with additional systems like groupware, CRM or ECM.
UCS features user, group and rights administration, an integrated IP management (DNS, WINS, DHCP), file and printer services. The tool Univention AD Takeover allows the simple migration of a Microsoft Active Directory to UCS via the integration of Samba 4. The Univention App Center offers further UCS-based solutions, such as Univention Corporate Client, an operating system for PC, notebooks and thin clients. The App Center provides numerous OS products from other manufacturers, such as Zarafa or Open-Xchange.
The complete source code of Univention Corporate Server is provided under an Open Source licence. The software is tried-and-tested and regularly updated.
Free test and download at:
- Active Directory-like domain services compatible with Microsoft Active Directory
- a mature and easy-to-use web-based management system for user, rights and infrastructure management
- a scalable underlying concept suited for single server scenarios as well as to run and manage thousands of clients and servers for thousands of users within one single UCS domain
- an app center providing single-click installation and integration of many business applications from 3rd parties and Univention
- management capabilities to manage Linux- and UNIX-based clients
- command line, scripting interfaces and APIs for automatization and extension
Very useful. Thanks.