UniCC is a target programming language-independent LALR(1) Parser Generator. Its design-goal is to serve as an all-round design and build tool for any parsing-related issue, including production-quality compiler construction.
UniCC has been declared "feature complete". Only bugfixing will be accepted, no more further development, except by another project maintainer.
The development of the UniCC internals is currently redesigned in the course of the further developments of the C library that runs behind UniCC, the Phorward Foundation Toolkit.
- Powerful and inovative grammar definition language
- Build-in lexical analyzer generator
- Grammar prototyping features
- Virtual productions, anonymous nonterminals, semantically determined symbols
- Two parser construction modes allow the use of different algorithmic approaches relating the whitespace handling
- Target-language independent parser development
- Template-based program-module generator and XML-based parser description file generator
- Platform-independent (console-based)
- Standard LALR(1) conflict resolution
- Supporting the C programming language via the UniCC Standard C Parser Template, providing many useful features like integrated Syntax Tree Generator and Error Recovery
- More target language templates for Java and C++ are planned
Be the first to post a review of UniCC LALR(1) Parser Generator!