"Unified Modular System" is project primarily designed to create platform independent light-weighted modular applications like games but also GUI or service utilities supported. Application is gathered from unified modules as brick wall from brick.
- Platform-dependent thread-safe and sync functions is implemented at low level
- Light-weighted by code, dependency requirements and memory usage, core uses only standart C++ and C libraries and do not used STL libraries
- Modular system using automatic dynamically loaded and unloaded SO on Unix platforms and DLL on Win32 platforms
- Integrated profiling and leak analysing support
- Most objects use ref-counting method to automatic memory management, most solid objects use automatically re-sized memory blocks
- Engine using mostly UTF8 encoding inside with some parts using UTF16 and UTF32 but conversion from any platform-supported code pages also supported
- Media library with virtual file system and virtual object loaders
- Act with zip archives, Quake2 pak files, Doom2 wad files as read-write directories
- lib2d with customized ui controls (frames, lists, edits, etc.) using fonts and images
- lib3d with physics (bullet or ODE) and 3d rendering (OpenGL thru SDL)
- libCom hi-level network communication and file transfer
- Scripting using squirrel (http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirel) and TinyC
- Support of large amount of 3d media files including 3DS, Quake1 and Quake2 media files
- Support of large amount of 2d media files including tga, pcx, png, jpeg, Quake1 and Quake2 media files
Be the first to post a review of Unified Modular System (UModSys)!