ufdbGuard is a URL filter to block unwanted web content on the internet. ufdbGuard can also enforce Google SafeSearch, detect UltraSurf, Tor, Skype and other chat applications, proxy tunnels and enforce safer HTTPS traffic. ufdbGuard supports the YouTube edufilter. ufdbGuard is a redirector for the Squid web proxy with 50,000 URL verifications/second.
ufdbGuard integrates with user authorities like LDAP, Kerberos and Active Directory to assign different policies to different groups of users.
Contact the support desk at www.urlfilterdb.com for information about the ufdbGuard API which can be integrated in 3rd party applications.
- enforces SafeSearch for many search engines
- enforces safer HTTPS
- detects Skype, AIM, Facebook Chat, Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger, MSN messenger
- blocks many proxy tunnels, e.g. UltraSurf and Tor
- works with Squid
- URL filter works with URL database from URLfilterDB and any flat file database
- supports YouTube edufilter
- integrates with LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory, MySQL and others
- RPM packages available for Redhat and CentOS
Works, very small, no complaints.