Unofficial Windows build of Transmission-Qt, in fact a fork of that project with some corrections, many additions to support the use on Windows better, and modifications to enhance usability -- this means its not exactly Transmission-Qt as released. This project may even disappear when Transmission's own Windows support becomes official.
Transmission is a well known "Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client", the quote is from their site http://www.transmissionbt.com/ This project follows what we started on the Transmission forum.
- Built from latest upstream release.
- Includes some unreleased (yet) enhancements and bug fixes.
- Includes build of D-Bus 1.9.0 daemon, used for file and magnet association.
- Installer made with BitRock InstallBuilder 9.0.2.
- Built using gcc 4.9.1; Qt 4.8.6; libevent 2.0.21; curl 7.38.0; c-ares 1.10.0; OpenSSL 1.0.1j; miniupnp 1.9
- Built using MXE (formerly MinGW cross compiling environment.)
- Using QtCurve 1.8.14 (version 2.42+ and above)
I've used Transmission a lot and this port does exactly the same. Good application and good port.
Hello. How to add program to startup ???
I used Transmission heavily under Ubuntu Linux; this port is just as solid.
For anyone new coming here, you won't be disappointed with this port. It's great and feels just like the linux qt version, and it performs so too. It's light and user friendly, and as it should be, does not come packaged with ANYTHING beside itself, so no tool-bars add-ons, no integrated this and that, etc. The only technical problems you might encounter are the, I would put, rare crashes where the program just seems to hang, and sometimes it messes up when you first open it and you need to open it again. These happen rarely, and is obviously because it's a port. Hopefully these eventually get fixed. Thank you for doing this project, it means a lot. I missed Transmission severely when I moved back to Windows, most of the other ones are either bloated or poorly designed. This one is perfect.