Unofficial Windows build of Transmission-Qt, in fact a fork of that project with some corrections, many additions to support the use on Windows better, and modifications to enhance usability -- this means its not exactly Transmission-Qt as released. This project may even disappear when Transmission's own Windows support becomes official.
Transmission is a well known "Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client", the quote is from their site http://www.transmissionbt.com/ This project follows what we started on the Transmission forum.
- Built from latest upstream release.
- Includes some unreleased (yet) enhancements and bug fixes.
- Includes build of D-Bus 1.8.6 daemon, used for file and magnet association.
- Installer made with BitRock InstallBuilder 9.0.0.
- Built using gcc 4.9.0/4.8.3; Qt 4.8.6; libevent 2.0.21; curl 7.37.0; c-ares 1.10.0; OpenSSL 1.0.1h; miniupnp 1.9
- Built using MXE (formerly MinGW cross compiling environment.)
- Using QtCurve 1.8.14 (version 2.42+ and above)
Forget clunky, ad ridden, torrent clients and switch to Transmission-Qt with it's easy to use, no bloat interface. Unlike most installers Transmission-Qt only installs itself, no worrying about getting PUPs.
It's the Transmission that we've come to respect, only on Windows! Kudos to the developers.
Outstanding! The torrent client I install on ALL of my Linux machines; now on my Windows box too. All of the options are there, I haven't noticed any weird UI artifacts, and the performance is excellent. Very good work on this port! I'd like to buy you a beer sometime.
Used a year or so, very satisfied!