Steam traps separate condensed steam (condensate) from steam; steam is corrosive and they ultimately leak. Maintenance is an issue because the losses are generally hidden and it costs at least $20 to test a trap. Higher pressures lead to higher losses; a single leaking trap can lose $100 or $10,000 of steam each year, some systems have 10,000 traps.
What does Trapo do?
- Stores: size, manufacturer, location, parts, replacement history, etc.
- Orders traps and asbestos abatement near traps; fully supports a competitive-bid environment.
- Calculates: Optimum test intervals, test samples, costs of various strategies (the Steam$$ module and separate program), and anything else we found useful.
- Pays attention to simple facts: A trap doesn't leak steam if none is fed to it due to a thermostat, summer, etc. A trap usually doesn't fail all at once, it deteriorates gradually and different test methods detect the leak at different levels.
- Not written to sell traps or trap testing.
- No limitations on sites, traps or anything else
- Multiple simultaneous users
- Supports multiple sites
- Supports asbestos abatement near traps
- Supports competitive bidding and budgets
Be the first to post a review of Trapo!