October 31, 2014
Transmission is a respected "Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client", quoted from their site http://www.transmissionbt.com
Unofficial Windows build runs perfect either Windows service or daemon.
32 bit and 64 bit versions.
32 (runs everywhere), 64 only 64-bit versions of Windows.
Decision was made to maintain and compile the choice 2.7x core rather than somewhat buggy 2.8x core. That's why you will see infrequent and less bug fixes than official 2.8x branch. All the features of 2.8x (except rename). Run this solid 2.77+ port for extended days, it doesn't crash or lock. Prime for seedbox use.
The included remote GUI port is fine tuned to the daemon released here.
Temporary piece support. https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/532 plus many featured enhancements! Tested, stable enhancements users requested.
Specifically modified and bug tested for building with cygwin gcc/g++ compiler.
- Also included, among several others, are many additional bug fixes and enhancements
- not limited to:
- Stream ( pieces in order ) any of the torrent's files
- Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
- Improve “No Data Found” error message and recovery behavior
- Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
- Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
- Correct implementation of Blocklists loaded is used to filter DHT
- Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
- Skip verify check
- Re-verify on torrent completion
- Watch folder for magnet links and/or torrent files
- Execute a script/application on torrent added and/or torrent completed
- Web Client and Desktop GUI Client for Windows included
I/O should be made asynchronous, because every time a file is created, the whole daemon freezes until all the space is allocated, causing all downloads to freeze, and clients to disconnect. Other than that, it's good.