Interactive communication boards for people with severe disabilities
TICO is a tool for the design and execution of interactive communication boards. Communication boards are highly used in augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) environments.
TICO is composed of two different applications: the Editor and the Interpreter. With the Editor you can design boards containing cell-items, which can be related to images, sounds, environment control as well as some navigation links among the set of boards contained in a TICO project. A set of related boards is organised in what is called a "TICO project". Once designed, a TICO project can be executed (interpreted) with the Interpreter. In the execution, an automatic browsing can be organised so that the cells are visited according to the pre-defined browsing order. When a mouse click is generated over the active cell, the set of associated actions is then executed. This makes it very easy to prepare different environments that can help disabled people to communicate. Manual browsing is also possibl
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. (Contribute to help developing Linux and MacOS versions!)
- Java Virtual Machine 1.6 or later.
- Creation of communication boards adapted to individual needs and characteristics of each user
- Full-customization of almost every element!
- Scanner functions to enable full access to those people with serious motor disabilities.
- Generation and articulation of sentences with a syntactic structure similar to that used in spontaneous oral communication.
- And much more! Visit the project's Website to know more or to contribute! You will be welcome!
wow... cool tool, nice and simple interface! great job!
Nice and Easy to use.
The Tico is an amazing tool. Easy to use and really recommendable.
Wow,I like it,TICO is very cool tool!