Mozilla Thunderbird lets you receive, organize, and secure your email.
Thunderbird allows you to customize your email to suit your specific needs—whether it’s how you search and find messages, or listening to music right out of your inbox. Choose from the many options to help you be more productive, from the three layout views to the advanced mail filter capabilities. You can also choose from the many add-ons, adding tons more features to make Thunderbird even more powerful. Protecting your email is our top priority. Thunderbird keeps your email safely stored, protects you from phishing attacks and junk mail, and provides advanced features for email encryption.
- Message Tagging - Thunderbird 2 allows you to “tag” messages with descriptors such as “To Do” or “Done” or even create your own tags that are specific to your needs.
- Improved Search - Thunderbird 2 features a new find bar that speeds up searches within displayed messages.
- Advanced Folder Views - Thunderbird 2 offers a variety of ways for you to organize and display your folders, whether by favorites, recently viewed or folders containing unread messages.
- Easy Access to Popular Web Mail Services - Thunderbird 2 makes it even easier to integrate and use various Web mail accounts from one inbox.
- Your Mail, Your Way - Thunderbird users can increase Thunderbird’s functionality and appearance using hundreds of add-ons.
- Cutting Out the Junk - Thunderbird's popular junk mail tools have been updated to stay ahead of spam. Each email you receive passes through Thunderbird's leading-edge junk mail filters.
- Robust Privacy - Thunderbird 2 offers improved support for user privacy and remote image protection.
- Phishing Protection - Thunderbird protects you from email scams which try to trick users into handing over personal and confidential information by indicating when a message is a potential phishing attempt.
- Automated Update - Thunderbird’s update system checks to see if you’re running the latest version, and notifies you when a security update is available.
It seems to me no one ever worked with this birdie. When more than 5 e-boxes involved - it hangs it's head))
good project thunderbird.mirror
1. very fast loading of all my email accounts, takes only 5 seconds.. 2. very good range of add-nos, i recently got the calender add-on , so its now better than outlook calender. 3. can set any email, unlike outlook, outlook doesn't support yahoo account 4. Goes very easy on RAM and CPU.
Best mail client! Because have portable version!
Better than Outlook! but I bet that's not the best!